Sunday, December 9, 2012

Exemplar House 3 - Glasgow School of Art

Glasgow School of Art - Steven Holl   (2009 - 2013)

The section below shows a more computer illustrated section of Steven Holl's building. Whilst it differs from the hand drawn and water coloured sections I have shown previously I would like to incorporate ideas from both into my sections. This building was also chosen because it has some architectural elements that are similar to my underground community. The light shafts and various light entry points are similar to the open shafts in the underground community and the techniques used in this section could be recreated to suit my sections.





The section below shows a much more rough hand sketch section of the building. This sketch also incorporates the water colours like the Simmons Hall, a technique which I think is very effective. I think I am going to have to explore ways to incorporate computer and hand drawn sketching and tones together. 





Images and information sourced from 


Holl, S. (2012, 12 7). Glasgow School of Art. Retrieved from Steven Holl Architects: http://www.stevenholl.com

No comments:

Post a Comment