Monday, December 10, 2012

Section 1:50 (B - B)

This 1:50 section shows the intended use of the spaces within the underground community and their spatial qualities. As is visible from this section there are a number of dwellings within this section with many different shapes, sizes and over a number of levels. Some of the different configurations can be seen in previous semester posts and some different configurations can be seen in the sections. There are no set or pre arranged configurations, as a new resident will decide what sort of configuration they would like before they move in. These will either be in one small block, across a number of blocks or on a number different floors by removing or altering the concrete cut out squares.

I have chosen not to include the lift shaft within this section as it would have meant leaving out the light shaft which is a major component of the underground community (Seen in the section below). The 1:50 section was not big enough to include both and therefore I chose to include this area rather than the lift. This is because the lift shaft is seen in the 1:100 section and very little extra detail would have been seen in the 1:50 section. 



U.V Lights - The U.V lights are fitted in all of the external or 'Backyard' spaces. These lights provide the light for the plants to grow in spaces that are not reached by the sun. Within these external spaces, the light above would seem similar to being outside, with similar brightness and heat. These lights are powered by special U.V solar panels located on the roof and around the interior walls of the car recycling centre.

Real Windows are available to people living adjacent to the pathways or green spaces. These Windows replace the mimicking windows in these places and allow direct sight of the outside and more ventilation if the windows are open.

While my 1:50 section may not look very similar to some of the exemplar sections I used, the main things I have brought into my sections are more of the basic ideas and techniques like level of detail, line work and showing the quality of spaces. I have shown the quality of spaces and how they are used by incorporating furniture and items in the dwellings like how it could appear. I have also tried to show another perspective of the quality of spaces in the other 1:50 section seen below. 

I have also tried to recreate some of the colour and tone techniques that I found in some of the other exemplar drawings. Whilst I could not recreate the styles exactly, I used them as a starting point and used my own style. I think the level of detail I have included in my 1:50 is similar to the 1:50 exemplar sections I used and I think by including the various objects and details, it is easy to understand the spaces and their qualities.


No comments:

Post a Comment