Saturday, December 8, 2012

My Choice of Exemplars

My choice of exemplars for my sections is based a number of reasons instead of just on similarities in visual styles. Whilst I will incorporate styles from all different sections I have sourced from the architects I will also draw similarities or parallels between building elements or styles between these buildings and my underground community. This may range from use of shafts for lighting to concrete forms and shapes or building materials . The sections I have chosen have also been drawn in styles that interest me and I would like to try and recreate within my sections.

I have gone through a number of books and magazines, some of which included the architects on the given lists. Many of the buildings see in these books or magazines provided no sections or sections that were not suitable for my assignment. To widen my search I began to explore the Internet sites by the given architects. These provided a wider array of choices and gave the required drawings and images. 

These books and magazines include:
  • Unbuilt Masterworks of the 21st Century
  • Contemporary Curtain wall architecture
  • The Iconic house
  • Country houses today
  • House: Black swan theory 
  • New Country house
  • Masterpiece Iconic house
  • 200 Houses
  • Architecture of Change 2: Sustainability and humanity in the built environment
  • Richard Rogers + Architects: from the hosues to the city
  • Architect Magazine
  • Architectural Digest
  • Architecture + Urbanism

No comments:

Post a Comment